How to Request Commissions
FIRST STEP. VERY IMPORTANT. CHECK CARRINTH’S GALLERY.
Before making a request, make sure I’m the artist for you! Is my drawing style something you’re comfortable with? Is the quality? Do I draw the things you want to request? If you’re okay with Carrinth, Carrinth is okay with you! (I guess...?)
Step 1: Send Carrinth a note saying: Commission Request!
Step 1a: Provide details of commission. For example: character, fandom, situation, pairings, headshot/full body shot, what’re they thinking, etc. If you're requesting a comic, you don't need to tell their entire life story but provide context for the scene you want drawn. A short dialogue or story blurb. E.g. "Person A sees a tree, tries to climb it and falls down. Person B watches with no sympathy."
Step 2: Carrinth will evaluate your request (maybe ask follow up questions) and quote you a final price.
(Carrinth may also decline request but please don’t be upset!)
Step 3: Proceed with initial payment via Paypal.
Step 4: Once payment is received, Carrinth will start on base sketch. This takes 3-5 days depending on complexity and available time. Let me know if you have deadlines or if the delivery date is flexible.
Step 5: Digital sketch is delivered. You have 1 free change request to make any tweaks (so make it count!).
Step 6: Final version (with colour/text if applicable) delivered. End of commission!
You’ll need to tell me what you want and I’ll quote the final price. As a reference, estimated base prices are as follows:
(All prices are in USD)
$5 – Pencil sketch
$10*- Colored simple standalone image (1 character, half-body) ($15* - full-body)
$15* - Grayscale 1-panel comic
1. My familiarity with the character(s). (Price will increase if I have never drawn the character before).
2. Complexity of the character(s). A human high school student will not cost as much as a krogan in full battle armor wielding the vorpal sword of mystic thunder in hand.
3. Complexity of the scene. Action scenes will increase cost as appose to talking heads.
4. Number of character(s). All prices quoted are for one (1) character only, except comics which allow two (2) characters at base price. Additional characters will cost between $5 -$15 depending on the character complexity.
5. Number of pages. Prices for comics are per page. E.g. if you want two colored comic pages, the prices will be $60. Hence, please indicate how many comic pages you want the story to be. If you have a budget, let me know your budget so I can work within it.
FAQ1. Will you draw my OC?
2. What if I showed you a picture of my OC?
3. You sound very reluctant to draw OCs.
Because I’m not good at character design! You’ll probably have better luck with an artist that really likes designing new characters.
4. But you’ll draw my OC if I have a picture of said OC?
Yes. But I tend to charge extra for OCs and need to have reference material.
Terms & Conditions
- Payment must be received first for request to start.
- No refunds if artwork has already been delivered.
- All art commissions are digital only.
- You may not resell commission artwork, especially on copy-righted characters. If you want to own the artwork, price will differ.
- Unless requested otherwise, I will post a smaller, watermarked version of the commission in my gallery. You can post commissioned artwork on your own gallery with link back to me.